When a user deletes the WhatsApp application from their Android mobile device, all data in it is also deleted. This includes WhatsApp data in the form of chat logs, photos, videos, stickers, etc.
Everything will be deleted, but users can still restore or restore their WhatsApp data as long as it has been backed up beforehand.
So how to backup WhatsApp on Android? To backup WhatsApp data on Android phones including chat history, users can use the built-in Google Drive cloud storage service.
The Google Drive storage service is usually directly accessible when users log into their Google account on their Android phone. How to start the WhatsApp backup process is very simple and is explained here.
How to Backup WhatsApp on Android
- Open the WhatsApp application.
- Tap the three-dot icon which is usually in the upper-right corner of the app screen.
- After that, select the “After” option and click “Chat”.
- Next, click the “Chat Backup” option and select “Backup to Google Drive”.
Select this option and WhatsApp will start backing up your data to Google Drive. Users can perform these backups manually or schedule them automatically (daily, weekly, or monthly).
After the chat history data is successfully backed up to Google Drive, users can restore (restore) it anytime even if they reinstall the WhatsApp application on their Android phone.
Android WhatsApp conversations can be restored directly from the WhatsApp application. See below for instructions on how to restore chats on WhatsApp Android.
How to Restore WhatsApp Chats on Android
- After successfully reinstalling WhatsApp on an Android phone, users are usually required to complete the account verification process first by filling in the OTP code.
- If the Whatsapp account has been successfully verified, usually an option will appear for data recovery from Google Drive.
- Tap on that option and the process of restoring WhatsApp chats will start.
- After the process of restoring WhatsApp chats is complete, click the “Continue” option.
All previously backed up chats will automatically appear.
To quote the official WhatsApp page, before using the above method to restore WhatsApp chats, it is important to ensure that you are logged into your Android phone with the same Google account that you used to restore WhatsApp chats. to safeguard.
This is information on how to easily backup and restore WhatsApp chats on your Android phone. We hope you find this useful.
Article Source : https://tekno.kompas.com/read/2022/06/12/12150077/cara-mencadangkan-dan-memulihkan-chat-whatsapp-di-hp-android